I once knew a guy who got over alcohol dependency with tablespoons of raw honey every time he wanted a drink.
do you pass the CAGE AUDIT? so you work hard, play harder. you’re an artist, musician, designer, cultural vector representing a minority of the thinking kind, not ‘class’ cuz da politically enlightened dont use that word. networking is part of the game; openings, parties and hopefully free booze. or maybe you daylight-moonlight as a corporati working long hours, spreading yourself thin, just to get to that next position of exclusive perks, keeping it together posturing yourself as hard working clever cool. maybe you have a family and the stress is higher at home than it is at work. or maybe you’re a student or you were a student and got lost between final exams and a job fair in whistler, alberta. or maybe you just got dumped, widowed, orphaned, fired, traumatized or injured, people say you’re fortunate to have survived that one, but you’re not feeling very lucky. you may wonder do you drink socially, socially considering your situation or do you just plain have a problem?
here’s the test, the CAGE questionnaire. a score of 2 or more will encourage you to the AUDIT self-test, The World Health Organization’s Alcohol Use Disorder’s Identification Test. 8 or more could be a reason to seek treatment or support- links below).
1) Two “yes” responses indicate that you should be investigated further. The questionnaire asks the following questions:
- Have you ever felt you needed to Cut down on your drinking?
- Have people Annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt Guilty about drinking?
- Have you ever felt you needed a drink first thing in the morning (Eye-opener) to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?
2) AUDIT Self Test: http://www.counseling.caltech.edu/drug/selftest/test1.html
3) Support and Treatment:
xox dr millie lytle nd